FAB CE investigating common CNS equipment procurement opportunities
Expert representatives from individual FAB CE air navigation service providers (ANSPs) have begun preliminary work to share infrastructure investment plans and seek common procurement opportunities as part of the work of the FAB CE Common Communications, Navigation, Surveillance (CNS) Planning programme.
The plan was endorsed by the CEO committee in March 2020, since when experts have been appointed and data sharing has begun.
The core objectives are:
- Collection and assessment of ANSPs investment plans
- Identification of opportunities for alignment of the plans and smart procurement, taking into account ANSPs' constraints
- Update the service level agreement templates for cross-border data and service sharing
- Consolidation of the requirements for the CNS infrastructure (including results)
- Develop a joint CNS investment plan to be used as an input into updating/optimizing of the national CNS investment plans
- Establish and deploy a continuous process for common CNS infrastructure planning led by FCE building on the processes developed under SUR and NAVOPT projects
“We believe potentially important savings are possible by aligning our CNS infrastructure and smart procurement programmes,” said Matej Eljon, FAB CE Programme Manager, Director of FAB CE Aviation Ltd. “This is particularly important at the moment as a new generation of digital technologies enter the market, aimed at new levels of cross-border service ATM provision throughout Europe.”